Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Junk in The Garden...

Our neighbors put up new fencing and set these 4x4s out at
the road in case anybody wanted them. So .....yeah for me....
some new raised beds!
We actually had enough to make these 2 raised beds, 
a lower strawberry bed, the frame for the new compost bin,
and a arbor.
I made markers from old silver plate from thrift stores.
It's coming along , but s.....l...o.....w.....l.....y.....

 These windows hinged together fit perfectly
to make little greenhouses over the basil.

I still needed a couple more beds for squash..................
so I made these temporary ones ...................
uh, I think they look like graves............

The Cryptkeeper??????

NO, we haven't had a single bite yet.... however.......rabbits, deer, and slugs.........
all seem to be eating well.

New compost bin..............still needs door,
Corgis LOVE compost piles!!

Junk in my planter, and I don't know if you can see,
but the blue creeper in my lawn is starting to bloom,
before long my whole lawn will be blue.
My Grandmother had a blue lawn,
I always loved it and mine is a tribute to her.

Junk chair planted with baby tears.............
surrounded with moss of course!

And lastly, a lovely old bird bath at a farm down the road.
Built about 50 years ago, it stands sturdily on
outside the big old barn covered and full of...................
moss.

Come on sun, 3 days of you is not enough!!!
Everything is up, but it is shivering and huddled,
can't grow without you!!!



                                                                          

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I love your garden! Very inspiring. I enjoy seeing what's going on in other people's yards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm LOVING your Victory Garden and the creations you've made for it!

    Thanks for your kind sweet comment to my Post, Wow you're FAST, I just posted it! *winks* Yes, I have decided that I shall continue to do each piece entirely by hand... I couldn't take a sewing machine to all the magical places I create in and at... but I can take my humble needle and thread EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE with me and the setting is often my biggest inspiration and makes the process of creation almost a Spiritual experience for me. Artistic expression is one of my most cherished activities, so much fun that it's not like work at all... it is SO true that if you're doing something you truly LOVE you'll never work a day in your Life!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your yard, it looks great! Good luck with the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your old chair with moss and baby's tears.

    ReplyDelete